[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2651: Plugin Directory: Search result listing portion of full description instead of short description

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 15 11:18:21 UTC 2017

#2651: Plugin Directory: Search result listing portion of full description instead
of short description
------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  brianhogg         |       Owner:  tellyworth
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  closed

Comment (by Otto42):

 > Another "better" fix would be to only break if it was a non-header
 preceded by a blank line.

 The problem is that it's considering any line with a colon in it to be a
 "header", because many plugins have non-standard headers there that we
 know not about.

 I'm okay with "breaking" those plugins if they include extra useless blank
 lines in their headers. They can remove the blank lines and make the file
 look normal. But not having the short description appear or even get saved
 properly in the DB just because it contains a colon is kind of a bigger
 problem.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2651#comment:10>