[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2651: Plugin Directory: Search result listing portion of full description instead of short description

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 15 09:06:26 UTC 2017

#2651: Plugin Directory: Search result listing portion of full description instead
of short description
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  brianhogg         |       Owner:  tellyworth
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:7 Otto42]:
 > In [changeset:"5565"]:
 > {{{
 > #!CommitTicketReference repository="" revision="5565"
 > Plugin Directory: Fix a bug where blank lines were ignored following the
 headers, resulting in missing short descriptions in edge cases. Fixes
 #2651 props @tellyworth
 > }}}

 Just to note it here, IIRC me and @tellyworth chatted about that fix not
 being very complete.

 There were a bunch of historical readme's which had extra line breaks
 between each header item, such as things like:
 {{{
 Some plugin name
 ===============
 Tested Up To: Something

 Stable Tag: 123

 Tags: blah, blah blah

 Version: 1.2.3
 Licenced under the GPL v2+ or later

 My Actual Short: Description
 }}}

 I'm totally happy for those readme's to break if they ever get re-parsed,
 but it's worth documenting here. Some may not have been historic even, and
 just poorly created text files.

 Another "better" fix would be to only break if it was a non-header
 preceded by a blank line.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2651#comment:8>