[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2972: Replace special characters in Vendor Payments and Reimbursement Request plugins automagically

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 19 22:59:07 UTC 2017

#2972: Replace special characters in Vendor Payments and Reimbursement Request
plugins automagically
-------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  andreamiddleton          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  closed
Changes (by coreymckrill):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 This ticket is very similar to #2938, although the prescribed solution is
 different. The problem with converting special characters to simple ASCII
 ones that the bank will accept is that if we're talking about other
 alphabets like Thai or Cyrillic, there aren't any close equivalents in
 ASCII to use.

 I'm open to other solutions, but let's close this and consolidate the
 discussion into #2938.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2972#comment:1>