[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2977: wordpress.org and locale such as en-gb, en-ca and en-au ranking doesn't match

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 19 08:51:29 UTC 2017

#2977: wordpress.org and locale such as en-gb, en-ca and en-au ranking doesn't
match
------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  agilelogix  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
Component:  General     |   Keywords:
------------------------+-----------------------------------
 I want to report some ranking issue in locales of the English version, the
 plugin directory ranking change in locales (en-gb, en-ca, en-au), all the
 languages are almost same as they are English but the ranking is not same.
 Please have a look at this problem.

 Example:

 https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/Store+Locator/
 https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/search/Store+Locator/

 Both the searches are same but results are different in locales, I don't
 understand this, as both languages are in English.

 Thank you