[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current reviews

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 20 18:45:39 UTC 2017

#1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current
reviews
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  cais            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by joostdevalk):

 > @joostdevalk and I discussed this recently and I know he has thoughts on
 it.

 To be honest, I think we should mimic the App Store model. If a plugin
 hasn't had updates for 3 years, a 3 year old review can still be valid.
 However if a plugin has been updated every 2 weeks, a review written 6
 months ago might already be completely invalid.

 So, I'd suggest we start recording a version number next to each review.
 We keep a record of the last X version numbers and only show reviews for
 those X versions. Of course this would allow plugin developers to game the
 system by doing X releases to get rid of 1* reviews. So maybe we should
 add some more... Anti gaming rules.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1181#comment:10>