[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current reviews

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 20 17:59:01 UTC 2017

#1181: Enhancement for Reviews/Ratings: Use a Rolling Time Frame for more current
reviews
----------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  cais            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Changes (by cais):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:7 SergeyBiryukov]:
 > As noted above in comment:6, a user can update their review at any time
 to reflect their recent experience.

 Although my review philosophy is not in question, I'm fairly certain I
 have written at least one review in all my years working in and around
 WordPress although I have no way to easily find it since it has been more
 than two years since one was written and my "activity" report only goes
 back two years(?!)

 Granted a user may be able to update their review and/or change their star
 rating (up or down as their want), making those reviews older than two
 years still be considered while not easily found with the current
 interfaces does present challenges thus supporting the point of using a
 rolling time frame.

 That is not to say older reviews, especially for the example of utility
 plugins without an update in 5 or 6 years (as examples, such as noted
 above) are not valid or useful, they are more edge cases in this scenario;
 and, if I understand the search functionality of the plugin directory
 these same older plugins would not be found unless their specific name is
 searched. This would take them out of the equation as far as comparing
 current plugins offering the same functionality where many potential users
 have little more to decide with other than recent reviews and current star
 ratings.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1181#comment:8>