[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2092: Many Google search results for wordpress questions are bringing up dead forum posts (404 Page not found)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 28 16:45:31 UTC 2016

#2092: Many Google search results for wordpress questions are bringing up dead
forum posts (404 Page not found)
----------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  TecBrat         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
Component:  Support Forums  |   Keywords:
 When double checking, I'm not certain it's sending the 404 header, but
 it's certainly a missing page error message.

 I asked about this at [http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/240777
 /wordpress-org-support-topics-returning-404 WordPress Stackexchange] and
 one other person commented "...search results for topics on WordPress.org
 have been 404ing like crazy lately." This might be normal page attrition,
 but it might also be an actual defect.

 [https://wordpress.org/support/topic/207248 Example of broken page]

 Today, I can't get that link to show up in a Google search.