[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1703: Batch search/replace to ensure translation consistency and fix incorrect propagations

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 11 18:16:42 UTC 2016

#1703: Batch search/replace to ensure translation consistency and fix incorrect
propagations
-------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
Component:  translate.wordpress.org  |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-----------------
 [https://translate.wordpress.org/consistency Translation Consistency] view
 added in #1682 is a great first step to ensure translation consistency
 across different projects.

 I think a second step should be batch search/replace to fix incorrect
 propagations.

 Use case:

 1. I've noticed a  weird string ("Загрузка и помощь") in Rosetta admin.
 2. I've tried to find it using the Translation Consistency view to no
 avail. (It looks like you can only search by an original. It would be
 great to be able to search by a translation too.)
 3. Finally, I've
 [https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/meta/rosetta/ru/default?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=2319762&filters%5Btranslation_id%5D=37294245
 found the string] in the Rosetta project. Someone in some project
 translated "Loading…" as "Loading & help", and it propagated to
 other projects too :-(
 4. Now there are 11 projects where "Загрузка и помощь" needs to be
 replaced with "Загрузка…". Could be worse, but fixing all of them
 manually is still not fun :-)