[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related screens

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 28 21:49:57 UTC 2016

#1524: WordPress.org SSO: custom template handling and CSS for login-related
screens
--------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau     |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  assigned
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  has-screenshots has-patch
--------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by melchoyce):

 I think comment:33 was heading in a good direction, but going back to a
 light background isn't a bad jump.

 Overall, your mockups seem okay, but there's a lot of small design details
 that can use polishing:
 - The roundness of the logo and the text against the straight edges of the
 form creates a bit of a weird optical illusion with the overall sizing and
 alignment of the content area that makes it feel really top-heavy. I'd
 suggest breaking that illusion either by increasing the width of the login
 box, or playing around with the sizing of the logo.
 - The spacing feels off, which I think makes it feel a little unbalanced.
 - There are a couple places where the alignment is off:
   - "Remember me" is not vertically aligned to the checkbox
   - "Forgot Password / Create an account" are not horizontally aligned to
 the login box
   - The Approve/Deny button text also looks 1px off
 - Some of the oAuth screens could benefit from some dividers, or light
 grey backgrounds beneath some of the supplementary info, like "currently
 logged in as..."
 - Also on the oAuth screens, the repetition of the grey WordPress logo
 feels a little weird; maybe you could try using either the version of the
 WordPress.org logo with the blue W, or swap out the singular grey W for a
 blue one?
 - The Approve/Deny button text looks a little small.
 - Some of the text feels unbalanced — the labels feel a little too big,
 for example, and since all of the text is the same color none of it really
 stands out. There's an overall lack of text hierarchy on some of these
 screens, compounded I think by some of the spacing between elements
 (especially on this screen: https://cloudup.com/ivKkqJsxXFp)
 - The borders on the input fields feel really dark. What if we kept the
 more subtle borders and box shadows on the existing input fields?
 - The "remember me" checkbox also feels really large.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1524#comment:46>