[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1226: Would like to have Edit Flow and Editorial Calendar plug-ins as part of our Portland WordCamp Site

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 2 17:25:05 UTC 2015

#1226: Would like to have Edit Flow and Editorial Calendar plug-ins as part of our
Portland WordCamp Site
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  faddah       |      Owner:  iandunn
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  needs-patch good-first-bug
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
Changes (by iandunn):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch good-first-bug
 * owner:   => iandunn
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 The Community Team approved this, but before it's added we'll need a
 couple things:

 * There are a lot of PHP warnings/notices being thrown, which makes it
 difficult to test the plugin to make sure there aren't any conflicts with
 other plugins on WordCamp.org -- and that future updates don't create any
 conflicts -- so those will need to be fixed. There are two issues on
 GitHub already -- [https://github.com/Automattic/Edit-Flow/issues/311
 #311] and [https://github.com/Automattic/Edit-Flow/issues/321 #321] -- but
 there are also a lot of other warnings/notices throughout the plugin.
 * We'll network-activate the plugin so that everyone can use it, but we'll
 need a snippet that we can add to an mu-plugin that will disable all EF
 modules by default, so that it doesn't have a negative performance impact
 on sites that don't want to use it. Camps that want to use it can then
 manually enable whichever modules they'd like.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1226#comment:4>