[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #935: Re-add "Newest" and "Latest Updates" browsing links to updated plugin repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 5 14:24:24 UTC 2015

#935: Re-add "Newest" and "Latest Updates" browsing links to updated plugin
repository
----------------------+------------------------------
Reporter:  daveshine  |      Owner:
    Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 In the updated plugin repository the former browsing links to "Newest
 plugins" and "Last Updated" plugins were cut.

 This is in my opinion really bad and I got already feedback from other
 community members who agree and miss those links.

 There are various *serious* reasons to have those if you are developer or
 just a "normal" user.

 Some reasons to have them back:
 - Newest plugins to avoid development of "same" plugin
 - Newest to better find new creations that maybe are the solution for
 something...
 - Last updated: for example if devs have patched security issues or
 whatever
 - Last updated: it gives a great overview over latest happenings
 - Since the search function is "ok" to say the least, to have more
 browsing alternatives, filters, listings at hand is a blessing!! We are
 speaking of a repo with almost 40,000 items, so making it easier for
 newbies, "normalos" or devs should be on our focus.

 Thank you for any improvement on this!
 Thanks for the hard work!!