[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #678: Email input on .org Jetpack subscription widget overflows container, needs CSS adjustment.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 28 18:03:10 UTC 2015

#678: Email input on .org Jetpack subscription widget overflows container, needs
CSS adjustment.
-----------------------+-------------------------------------
  Reporter:  McGuive7  |      Owner:  iandunn
      Type:  defect    |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:            |   Keywords:  has-patch
-----------------------+-------------------------------------
Changes (by iandunn):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch
 * owner:   => iandunn
 * status:  new => accepted

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 diddledan]:
 > would this be better as a bug filed with JetPack rather than meta?

 It looks like a conflict between the p2 theme and Jetpack's Subscriptions
 module, because of the `#subscribe-email input` rule that Mickey
 mentioned, and the following rule from p2.

 {{{
 #wrapper form input[type="text"],
 #wrapper form input[type="url"],
 #wrapper form input[type="email"],
 #wrapper form input[type="number"],
 #wrapper form input[type="search"],
 #wrapper form input[type="password"],
 .inlineediting input[type="text"],
 .inlineediting input[type="url"],
 .inlineediting input[type="email"],
 .inlineediting input[type="number"],
 .inlineediting input[type="search"],
 .inlineediting input[type="password"] {
         border: solid;
         border-width: 1px;
         padding: 5px 7px;
 }
 }}}

 The padding from p2 takes precedence over Jetpack's padding.

 I doubt that either project is going to try and support individual
 themes/plugins, so it's probably just something we should fix in our
 `wporg-p2` child theme.

 [http://caniuse.com/#search=box-sizing box-sizing is supported by all
 modern browsers], so I don't think we need the vendor-prefixed rules.

 The problem affects almost all `input` fields in the sidebar with `width:
 100%`, though, not just the subscription widget. The search input isn't
 affected because it has additional rules on it. So, the solution should
 work for all inputs too, not just the subscription input.

 Just adding the `box-sizing` rule to the selectors above should do the
 trick.

 For simple fixes like this, pasting the solution into the ticket
 description or a comment is enough, we don't need an actual patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/678#comment:2>