[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1443: Fonts-Plugin: Allow fonts from other sources than Typekit, Google and BoostrapCDN

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 7 21:19:04 UTC 2015

#1443: Fonts-Plugin:  Allow fonts from other sources than Typekit, Google and
BoostrapCDN
--------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  Kau-Boy      |      Owner:  iandunn
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:               |   Keywords:  needs-patch good-first-bug
--------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by iandunn):

 > if there are plugins on wordcamp.org that might cause a regression for
 our organizers/sites, we should review them before updating

 This was actually [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/2085 a
 security restriction that I added], but it only effects sites when making
 changes to Custom CSS. Sites that are currently `@import`ing fonts are
 grandfathered in, unless they make changes in the future.

 I went through all the recent/upcoming sites -- i.e., those likely to be
 making changes -- to make sure they wouldn't be effected, and manually
 configured the Fonts plugin for them, and added Font Awesome support
 because one of them needed it. It wasn't practical to do it for the other
 ~500 sites, though.

 > Actual Hack can only be used (in different flavors) with this CDN:
 http://www.jsdelivr.com/projects/font-hack

 We can't whitelist the entire CDN, because malicious files could be hosted
 there. We'd have to limit it to just `/projects/font-hack`, but then we'd
 be back to whitelisting individual fonts, which isn't practical. See
 comment:2.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1443#comment:7>