[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1443: Fonts-Plugin: Allow fonts from other sources than Typekit, Google and BoostrapCDN

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 7 18:29:19 UTC 2015

#1443: Fonts-Plugin:  Allow fonts from other sources than Typekit, Google and
BoostrapCDN
--------------------------+--------------------------
  Reporter:  Kau-Boy      |      Owner:  iandunn
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
--------------------------+--------------------------
Changes (by iandunn):

 * owner:   => iandunn
 * status:  new => accepted
 * type:  defect => enhancement

Comment:

 @jenmylo, is this something the Meta team should make a priority, or do we
 need a patch from the community?

 ----

 I think it'd be great to add more font options, but I don't think it's
 practical to add individual fonts every time a team requests one. Instead,
 it'd probably be better to add popular services/collections that offer
 many fonts, and then ask organizers to choose from the supported ones.

 I think it makes sense to prioritize open-source and free services, so
 maybe [https://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/ the League of Movable
 Type] and [http://www.fontsquirrel.com/ Font Squrrel] would be a good
 start. It looks like Font Squrrel does offer Hack.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1443#comment:2>