[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #796: Make the plugin list inline-blocks to maintain layouts with long plugin titles

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 26 11:09:04 UTC 2014

#796: Make the plugin list inline-blocks to maintain layouts with long plugin
titles
----------------------+----------------------
Reporter:  Clorith    |      Owner:
    Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 By using inline-blocks over the current table/float approach on the
 plugins list, we can make the list look a bit nicer and less..."teenage
 bedroom floor", in the cases where plugin titles exceed 3 lines.

 The downloads count also gets pushed around a little, I'm wondering if we
 should perhaps do something to give that a more solid ground, giving it a
 `text-align: right` helps a little if the titles are long enough, but on
 short titles it doens't look quite right.

   .main-plugins ul li {
   display: inline-block;
   padding-right: 40px;
   width: 200px;
   min-height: 95px;
   margin-bottom: 15px;
   vertical-align: top;
   }

 The above is my proposed fix for the plugin list it self, as for the
 downloads a simple `p.downloads { text-align: right; }` handles the
 palcement there. I've attached a couple screenshots to show what I mean, I
 tested it on the profile page at https://profiles.wordpress.org/storeapps/