[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #360: Make trac ticket properties more accessible in the Edit/Create Ticket screen

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 25 05:05:27 UTC 2014

#360: Make trac ticket properties more accessible in the Edit/Create Ticket
screen
--------------------------+------------------
  Reporter:  ericlewis    |      Owner:
      Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Resolution:               |   Keywords:
--------------------------+------------------

Comment (by nacin):

 I'd definitely like to make this better.

 I think in an ideal world, someone builds an HTML/CSS/JS mockup of an
 ideal "new ticket" creation form (let's start there, perhaps, then adopt
 it for editing). It could then be implemented. But think outside the
 "Trac" model, first. (Technically, new tickets don't even need to go
 through Trac's interface. They could be created through an API hit.)

 The new ticket form (when you don't have bug gardener privileges) is
 already very much stripped down. Also, this appears under Version: "If
 you're filing a bug against trunk, choose 'trunk'. Otherwise, choose the
 earliest affected version you tested." I've noticed an improvement in
 version value quality.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/360#comment:1>