[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #760: Extract and import plugins code and readme strings to GlotPress on SVN repo actions

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 5 14:49:02 UTC 2014

#760: Extract and import plugins code and readme strings to GlotPress on SVN repo
actions
-----------------------+-------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau  |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  task      |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:            |   Keywords:  has-patch
-----------------------+-------------------------------

Comment (by stephdau):

 Logic questions:
  * `Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_i18n()` [attachment:760.diff]→L2020:
 if a plugin [https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/blogware-
 importer/trunk/readme.txt#L7 lists its stable tag as trunk], the patch
 uses the dev and dev-readme instance of the related GP project, so
 translators do not need to needlessly maintain 2 "sets" (dev vs stable).
 Is that the right way to go?
  * `Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_code_i18n()`
 instead of generating a temporary one ourselves, if committed in the repo
 as {$slug}/{$slug}.pot or {$slug}/languages/{$slug}.pot. Is that also the
 right way to go?
   *
 https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/buddypress/trunk/buddypress.pot
   * https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/blogware-
 importer/trunk/languages/blogware-importer.pot
  * `Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_code_i18n()`: should we also have
 logic to use a plugin's own committed PO/MO files if any,
 [https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/jetpack/trunk/languages like
 Jetpack]? What if they don't have a committed POT file, and ours somehow
 doesn't match their PO/MO files (doubtful but possible)?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/760#comment:4>