[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #760: Extract and import plugins code and readme strings to GlotPress on SVN repo actions

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 4 14:52:28 UTC 2014

#760: Extract and import plugins code and readme strings to GlotPress on SVN repo
actions
-----------------------+-------------------------------
  Reporter:  stephdau  |      Owner:  stephdau
      Type:  task      |     Status:  accepted
Resolution:            |   Keywords:  has-patch
-----------------------+-------------------------------
Changes (by stephdau):

 * owner:   => stephdau
 * status:  new => accepted

Old description:

> The attached patches introduce new methods to achieve the task in the
> existing SVN tracker code.
>
>  Processing:
>  * Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_i18n( $slug, $branch = 'dev', $type =
> 'all' )
>  * Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_code_i18n( $path_rel, $branch = 'dev'
> )
>  * Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::process_readme_i18n( $path_rel, $branch =
> 'dev' )
>
> Helpers:
>  * Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::handle_translator_comment( $array, $key, $val
> )
>  * Dotorg_Plugins_Tracker::import_to_glotpress_project( $project,
> $branch, $file )
>
> The methods can be called from within the class, externally, or be run
> from the CLI as:
>
> {{{
> # processes both code and readme in dev/trunk
> php bb-load.php i18n blogware-importer
>
> # processes code only, in stable branch
> php bb-load.php i18n blogware-importer stable code
>
> # processes readme only, in dev
> php bb-load.php i18n blogware-importer dev readme
> }}}
>
> Notes:
>  * Using https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/blogware-
> importer/dev for code parsing imports (transparent, since no changes, is
> what’s expected)
>  * Now have a sample readme sub-project at
> https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/blogware-importer
> /dev-readme
>  * Using the above to work the import kinks out (html entities, etc.
>  * Nacin gave me ok and privs to create as many GlotPress projects/sub-
> projects as I need, all set on that front.
>
> Left:
>  * Need list of plugins we want to start with, since we decided to start
> with a finite number. Note: this might be better off being decided in
> private, asked Nacin
>  * Need to define when/where to trigger the code/readme i18n reruns
> exactly (have options, need to pick with sys/perf in mind)
>  * Logic to create GP projects on the fly for new and existing plugins,
> thing we can leave for the next cycle since only dealing with a set list
> of plugins at first.

New description:

Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/760#comment:1>