[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #253: Trac MySQL migration
noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 18 02:20:44 UTC 2013
#253: Trac MySQL migration
Reporter: nacin | Owner:
Type: task | Status: new
Priority: high | Component: Trac
We're experimenting with moving Trac to MySQL. I'm going to track progress
The goal here is to make Trac's data accessible to outside scripts. This
means we can more quickly and openly build features, tools, integration,
syncing, and such. Some examples: A PHP script on WP.org can query Trac
directly and then use that data on WP.org (like make/core, profiles,
stats) or improve Trac directly (like JS on Trac making XHR requests to an
API). While most of this is read-only, writes will also be possible, like
syncing profile email changes.
* Write a migration script, since the ones out there aren't very good.
(Done already, commit to follow.)
* Improve the MySQL schema, since Trac's default is terrible. (Done
already, commit to follow.)
* Test this out on a giant Trac DB locally. (Done already.)
* Set up MySQL on the server and for Python
instance/ systems request]).
* Test this out on a small Trac in production (probably this one).
* Merge over Core Trac.
* Merge over other Tracs after working out any further kinks and
Ticket URL: <http://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/253>
Making WordPress.org <http://meta.trac.wordpress.org/>
WordPress blogging software
More information about the wp-meta