[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #100: Searching by author requires exact match of username; doesn't show partial matches or search real names

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 22 00:33:13 UTC 2013

#100: Searching by author requires exact match of username; doesn't show partial
matches or search real names
------------------------+-------------------------------
Reporter:  transom      |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Migrating from #wp15417:

 >If you search for plugins to install by author - say for example - Justin
 Tadlock - or - Tadlock - you get no results.

 >If you are aware that "GreenShady" is Justin Tadlock - you get a long
 list of plugins (as you should) all listed as by "Justin Tadlock"

 >This seems broken.

 Per the comments, this is because we search only by exact of username. We
 should investigate fixing this when we work on the plugin directory in the
 future.

--
Ticket URL: <http://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/100>
Making WordPress.org <http://meta.trac.wordpress.org/>