[wp-hackers] Manually refresh the customizer preview iframe via wp.customise JS object

dgwyer d.v.gwyer at presscoders.com
Wed Sep 25 16:50:06 UTC 2013

I'm trying to do a manual refresh on the customizer preview iframe, via the
JS wp.customize object. If I know a customizer setting ID I know I can do
something like (thanks Otto):

wp.customize.instance('header_textcolor').previewer.refresh();

Can I do something similar to refresh the preview iframe generally?

My use case is that when the 'Save & Publish' button is clicked the color
picker values are written to a static stylesheet file (which is then
enqueued before the main theme stylesheet). The key issue is the preview
iframe needs to be manually refreshed after a successful save operation to
display the new statics stylesheet.

I was intending to hook into the ajax 'custom_save' .success() event to
refresh the preview iframe. I'm just not sure of the command needed to
manually refresh the window. I'm assuming this is possible?