[wp-hackers] Disabling wp-signup redirections in WP 3.0.1 in multisite mode

David Morris dvmorris at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 15:22:19 UTC 2010

I would like to disable the redirect in wp-signup.php that always
takes you back to the root blog's signup page (when running in
multisite mode).

The code that does this redirect is on line 26 of wp-signup.php:

if ( !is_main_site() ) {
    wp_redirect( network_home_url( 'wp-signup.php' ) );
    die();
}

Is this hookable in a generic way? I see the wp_redirect filter in
pluggable.php:877:

$location = apply_filters('wp_redirect', $location, $status);

But I'm just wondering if there is a generic way to only affect the
wp-signup redirections and be sure that it won't affect any other
functionality.

Thanks for your help,

--
Dave Morris