[wp-hackers] Custom list of posts per user

Andrew Gray andrew at graymerica.com
Tue Sep 14 23:50:53 UTC 2010

We used http://www.kriesi.at/archives/wordpress-plugin-my-favorite-posts

And heavily hacked it to make a saved post list for Hip2save.com. You can use the login test and pass wphackers to try it out without registering, but it does not show up with out being logged in. We got over ruled by the client on most of the UI and don't get me started on the lemon/lemonaide add buttons.  but you can see how you could do it by using the plugin as the base.

Out of the box the plugin does all the add / remove stuff pretty well.

It uses a database to store the list.

There is also http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-favorite-posts/

I agree that the extra DB table is probably the best approach and as long as you get ride of it on uninstall, I do not see the issue with adding it.

Andrew