[wp-hackers] Upgrading a plugin that works on WP 2.9.2 to work with WP 3.0.1+

Mike Little wordpress at zed1.com
Sun Sep 12 11:06:35 UTC 2010

On 12 September 2010 07:24, Dustin Lennon <demonicpagan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still very much at a loss with this. I've installed Xdebug, but have no
> clue on how to use it to help me out with my problem.
>
> -Dustin

Dustin,
Do you have debug turned on?

I use these settings  in wp-config.php
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
@ini_set('display_errors',0);

This will log all errors notices and warnings to a file called debug.log in
wp-content (if Apache does not have write permission, you may need to create
the file first and set the appropriate permissions (I use 666) )

There may be some useful information logged.

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/