[wp-hackers] do_action() inside the callback for the register_activation_hook()... doesn't work?

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:38:36 UTC 2010

Basically I've got plugin class extending framework class which does
some dirty staff for it, like creating/updating tables and options
upon activation, etc. What I wanted was to trigger an action at the
end of  register_activation_hook callback, after all the dirty work
has been done, leaving a space for plugin specific extension. But a
callback hooked onto the corresponding action, never gets called.
Hence the assumption that it isn't possible to trigger an action from
within the register_activation_hook() callback. Is it so? Why?

--
Davit Barbakadze