[wp-hackers] Plugins missing on the repository

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 20:01:32 UTC 2010

On 01/09/2010 20:47, Otto wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Rich Pedley<elfin at elfden.co.uk>  wrote:
>>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/auto-copyright-1/
>>
>> I can access all 3, thought the last one appears to not be reading the
>> readme correctly.
>
> When a readme in the trunk contains a "Stable Tag" line, then
> everything else is read from the readme.txt in the appropriate tags
> directory. *
>
> In this case, he has a stable tag of 1.1.7, but there is no tags/1.1.7
> directory.
>
> -Otto
>
> * Exception: "Stable Tag: trunk" makes it read from trunk.

Didn't know about the trunk portion, and thanks for refreshing me on
the rest. However I did find something interesting earlier.

I mistakenly uploaded my plugin with some wrong info and although the
readme was pointing to the correct version, the download was being
shown as the wrong version. It was showing the incorrect version as
mentioned within the plugin headers...

I fixed this asap see:
http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/283679/eshop

So this points to a mixture of the 2 being used.

I think.

Rich