[wp-hackers] 'Press This' Meta Boxes

Spencer spencer.gurnk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 18:55:29 UTC 2010

Hey,

Today I looked into "Press  This" a little more, and noticed there was
no way of add extra meta boxes to the page. A simple one-liner would
allow for people to add the meta boxes to that page as well, without
editing the core file.

I just added <?php do_action( 'add_meta_boxes', 'press-this' , $post);
?> to the pres-this.php file towards the bottom, and I was able to
hook my meta box into it, and everything worked fine and dandy.

I assume this is the best way of doing it. Is this something that
could be integrated into the core file sometime in the future?