[wp-hackers] Plugin readme #section links

Dan Phiffer dan at phiffer.org
Fri Jun 25 20:32:33 UTC 2010

Hi hackers,

I have a rather big readme file for my JSON API plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/json-api/other_notes/) and I'm concerned that it's getting a bit unwieldy in its current form. As far as I know there's not a way to create hash links (#foo) in plugin readme files. Markdown doesn't seem to provide a way to made id attributes (see: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax.text which resorts to <h2 id="section">...</h2>) and I'm not sure what a reasonable syntax might look like. But I thought I'd float the general idea here and see if anyone else might find this useful.

Thanks,
-Dan