[wp-hackers] Sidebar widget HTML/DOM

ravi ravi-lists at g8o.net
Thu Jun 24 00:22:26 UTC 2010

Hello all,

right now, register_sidebar() provides a few options to make additions to the HTML in widgets through the args ‘before_widget’, ‘after_widget’, ‘before_title’, ‘after_title’. However, this does not give me a good way to style the contents of the widgets (in a theme). One possibility is to use ‘after_title’ and ‘after_widget’ to wrap the content in a DIV, but that’s not always reliable, since some widgets do not have titles.

Currently I have a hack in jQuery to handle the special case of non-titled widgets, but its a hack and I am not happy with it. I am poring over the action/filter hooks to see if I can use one of them to modify widget HTML. But I figured I would ask the WP gurus here: any suggestions on how to go about this business?

Regards,

	—ravi