[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.0, can we finally get a LTS version?

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Fri Jun 18 16:15:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> On 6/18/2010 10:01 AM, Jeremy Clarke wrote:
>
>>  - WP SECURITY PROBLEMS DIDNT REALLY EXIST YET.
>>

> This is not true -- if anything we had some real honkers in those days. Now
> it's pretty obscure stuff, then it was remote database privilege escalation
> over a barrel.

Fair point, that sentence shouldn't have been emphasized and wasn't
qualified enough. What I meant was that the *perception* of long-term
insecurity wasn't nearly as strong as it is today. Most people didn't feel
the problem until 2.0 was already out of date. If 2.5 had been an LTS
release I think the result would have been very different.

--
Jeremy Clarke
Code and Design | globalvoicesonline.org