[wp-hackers] Fooling Wordpress To Think Plugin Output Is A Page

Jordi Canals jordi at jcanals.cat
Sun Jan 24 18:59:46 UTC 2010

2010/1/24 Alex Andrews <awgandrews at gmail.com>

> The pages are too dynamic to be added to the database. Have you any idea
> what would be filtered? As I said it seems there must be bits of wp_query
> which correspond to the stuff that says 'this is a page called z'.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Alex

When I need to do that, I rely on the page ID, as the page title can be
easily changed.

Plug a function to 'the_content' filter and then, check the page ID:

function my_page_content ( $content )
{
     if ( 5 != get_the_ID() ) return $content;

    // Do your stuf here and modify the $content var if needed.

    return $content;
}

--
Jordi Canals