[wp-hackers] URL structure for web application with wp

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:31:43 UTC 2010

To link posts to other posts, I would use a posts2posts table, instead of
the taxonomy system: fewer tables => better performance, easier to maintain
consistency.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM, Christian Foster <
christian.foster at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Try to achieve functionality like categories where project is a
> category and we can link all post types into it and get the same style
> of paths:
> /projects/project-slug/task-name
> /projects/project-slug/message-name
> /projects/project-slug/project-name
>
> Wordpress is rewriting all custom post types as /post-type/slug at the
> moment, so I am not sure if this is achievable.

When defining the post type, you can set 'rewrite' => false and then
manually add whatever rewrite rules you want.

--
http://scribu.net