[wp-hackers] The problem with WP_Rewrite <<< RE: Options for Controller - Views

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Nov 28 13:24:18 UTC 2009

On Nov 27, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Jacob Santos wrote:
> Also, it isn't as if I could remove template_redirect completely. Any system would have to be backwards compatible with what exists now, as well as existed years ago. Well, at least if I wanted the patch to ever be acceptable, besides the whole issue of breakage and its experimental nature. I remember doing that one time, thinking, "Well, it should just work right if I follow the standard and documentation." Yeah, I learned something from that experience, but with the controller implementation, I'm not relying on whether or not someone else thought of all of the bugs. If there are any bugs or SNAFUs, then it would be all me. I couldn't care if it is going to be acceptable for WordPress, I'm doing it for me and if anyone wants to see it in WordPress, then so be it.

I would love to see what you come up with, especially if it is backward compatible and especially if you can also package it integrated into the current Wordpress core so I can download and run through it with a debugger without having to figure out how to apply the patch.

In my other email to the list replying to Otto I just didn't want to advocate that others completely rewrite the core because I knew that wasn't going to happen.

-Mike Schinkel