[wp-hackers] Adding an editorial calendar to WordPress

Zack Grossbart zack at grossbart.com
Thu Nov 26 00:15:36 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to this list.  I'm working on a new plugin that adds an
editorial calendar to WordPress.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/editorial-calendar

This plugin allows users to see all of their posts in a calendar view and drag
and drop them to manage their blog.  You can try a demo at:

http://www.zackgrossbart.com/extras/sandbox/wp-admin

I wrote this plugin with the hope of contributing it to the WordPress core.  It
provides functionality that most bloggers want and is missing from WordPress
right now.  I opened a Trac ticket for this
(http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11252) and Denis-de-Bernardy and nacin
voted for leaving it as a plugin.  However, they encouraged me to contact the
list and see if I could build traction in the community.

So what do you think?  Should this stay as a plugin or be considered for the
WordPress core?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Zack