[wp-hackers] Renaming a plugin

mark waterous mark at watero.us
Sat Nov 21 20:26:26 UTC 2009

> Checkout the WordPress Codex page here:
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin

I think he might be referring to the information that's displayed on the
repository page for the plugin, in which case he would probably want to take
a look at the readme file information and standards located here:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/#readme

As for changing the name of your plugin within the repository, I don't
believe you can - once a repository is set up it's relatively permanent. If
you wanted to change the name of your plugin you would have to request a new
repository be set up under the new name.

--
Mark Waterous
http://mark.watero.us/