[wp-hackers] Licensing issue when selling Wordpress

Ryan Chan ryanchan404 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 13:31:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

I know WP is under GPL2 license, I have read the document but still
not 100% sure, so I describe my case here, to make sure I am following
the rule of open-source...

Case:

1. I design a customized WP theme, and bundle WP core, with a few
extra plugins, sell to customers
2. Some client just need basic theme, so I bundle WP GPL theme,
instead of a customer theme, and sell to customer
3. I optionally provide installation service, but not all customer need it

Is the above case violating the license?

Ryan