[wp-hackers] Got a question for you all

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Mon Mar 24 21:08:29 GMT 2008

G'day Shelly,

I've built something quite similar to this. Check out this site:
http://www.uspokersearch.com/poker-room-directory/

I used a few simple plugins to hang it together, it's not super complex.
Users have to be "contributors" on the blog to be able to create new
poker rooms. Once they do that, the data is added to the system, the
relevant pages are created, etc. It's all pretty straightforward.

It's probably 60% of what you want to do. It doesn't support the mass
mailing feature. Obviously you'll need to watch out for spam on that.
But it can't be that hard to implement.

Happy to discuss off-list if you want to see some code, etc. I'm guess
you'll have to write some custom code though. I can't see any way round
that.

Cheers - Callum.