[wp-hackers] Use of ENGINE=MEMORY w/ dbDelta() possible?

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Mar 24 03:31:14 GMT 2008

I put up a list on the download pages for the NST plugins, I'll copy it below:

* XCache for WordPress
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=12

* eAccelerator for WordPress
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=13

* File-Based Caching for WordPress
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=14 (already published to the list, will be up soon)

* APC for WordPress
http://txfx.net/files/wordpress/apc-object-cache.phps

* Memcached for WordPress
http://ryan.wordpress.com/2005/12/23/memcached-backend/

Am I missing any?

My code's a bit different from yours... I'm saving a lot of queries by using a normal INSERT query with an ON DUPLICATE trigger instead of issuing a DELETE then an INSERT for each and every call. I'm not splitting up serialized data though, just base64_encode() and storing it as a varbinary (which is limited by bytes not chars) in the database. Haven't gotten around to implementing the expirations, not sure if there's a point though seeing just how much slower database-caching is in 2.5 thanks to the increase in the number of hooks.

Here's my code, for what it's worth:
http://pastebin.ca/954824

-MQ