[wp-hackers] Re: Form Layouts With Tables

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Fri Mar 21 18:00:48 GMT 2008

I'm surprised some backward-compatible CSS wasn't included in 2.5 so
that pre-existing plugins' Settings pages would look _relatively_ the
same as they used to.

> Don't forget the cautionary fable of the anti-table warrior who
> recoded the WordPress calendar code to use div-span soup instead of
> a table.

Well, yeah, but there are standard HTML elements for forms.  There
aren't for calendars.

I'm with the "huh?" crowd.  This could have been done with CSS and a
standard form.

Still, except for goofing up the appearance of older plugins, this is
NO BIG ISSUE.   :)

Stephen