[wp-hackers] General consensus of "Premium Theme" concept

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:09:20 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Viper007Bond <viper at viper007bond.com> wrote:
> Can we please not start off on a tangent that's just waiting for a flame
>  war? Seriously, it's as if you're trying to start a heated argument, Callum.

I don't view it as incendiary at all -- it's the plain truth.
Automattic makes money off of services and products based on Open
Source/GPL'd software.   I think Callum was just pointing out that, as
far as such activity goes, there's obvious precedent even in the WP
community, thus if you CAN build a business based upon the selling of
premium themes (that are themselves GPL/GPL-compatible), then there's
no reason not to.

--
-Doug

http://literalbarrage.org/blog/