[wp-hackers] Visual editing not functional in 2.5???

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Wed Mar 19 18:18:26 GMT 2008

Stephane Daury wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> Am I the only one not being able to use visual editing in 2.5 (latest
> trunk)?
>
> I have "use visual editing" selected for my user, the "Visual" tab is
> selected in the write/edit screen, but the editor I get is the code view.
>
> EG: http://i27.tinypic.com/m9njeq.png
>
> Is it just being worked on, or am I having an unexpected issue?
>
> PS: I have disabled all plugins, so I'm running vanilla WP 2.5-bleeding.
>
> Thanks. :)

Hi Stephane,

Do you see any js errors in the error console? Could be as simple as
cleaning your browser's cache. If not, can you try Firefox 2 with
Firebug and look for js errors or files that couldn't be loaded (in the
Net tab, red 404s).

Also point your browser to:
siteurl/wp-includes/js/tinymce/tiny_mce_config.php

It should be a large js file starting with "var tinyMCEPreInit" and
ending with "tinyMCE.init({mode:...".

Thanks.