[wp-hackers] GSoC 2008 proposal : Analysis and redesign of wordpress.org

Corey corey at b5media.com
Tue Mar 18 15:50:18 GMT 2008

Hi wp-hackers,

I am Corey Shaffer and I am looking to be a student participant with WP once
again for the GSoC 2008.  Over the past year, I have become deeply
interested in both site usability and design.  My idea is to combine these
two growing passions in an effort to analyze and redesign wordpress.org.  I
am aiming to create a fresher look that is professional, but simple and
efficient in delivering its message.  I want to collect input on what people
would like to see in the new site look and also make sure that the site is
structured in such a way that it is user-friendly.  The site is powerful and
contains a wealth of great information, but I want to make sure the average
person accessing it leaves with the information they intend to retrieve.

Please let me know any thoughts, improvements or suggestions you have for
this intended proposal!  Thank you all for your time and I hope to have a
chance to display my work to the WordPress community.

Regards,
-Corey

--
Corey Shaffer