[wp-hackers] Re: The fixed with of the admin area

Kimmo Suominen kimmo at global-wire.fi
Mon Mar 3 21:08:41 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 12:49:11PM -0800, Charles wrote:
> > Like any other piece of software, users can and will size the
> > window like they want it.
>
> In practice, Windows apps (more so than Mac apps) are generally used
> full-screen.

Please provide pointers to studies backing that up.  I've never known
that to be the case.

I generally never use apps in full-screen mode on my Windows machines,
slide-shows typically being the exception.

I use 1920x1200 monitors (both on the desktops and the laptop).  I've
resized my browser so that e.g. the WordPress admin screens are at a
comfortable width to work on.

I don't really care what the WordPress default is, as long as it can be
modified with a plugin.  Of course, my preference would be for a fluid
layout like before, to match my current work habits.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>