[wp-hackers] changing the default search parameters

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Mon Feb 18 16:49:28 GMT 2008

I think it is possible to do, if you define your own custom rewrite
rules to convert your form of the URL to result in the same query
variables that WP uses for its form of the search URL.

Suggested reading:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Query_Overview - to understand how WP
converts URLs into pages of posts - this will also point you to
sections of the WP code, in which you can find the default rewrite rules

http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Queries - has examples of how to use
rewrite rules and query variables in plugins

(And of course, anything you can do in a plugin can be done in the
functions.php file of a theme, too.)

     --Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software