[wp-hackers] PostgreSQL port status?

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 22:50:01 GMT 2007

Ryan,

On 9/29/07, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu> wrote:
> Making our SQL more portable and making bits of the schema pluggable
> is cool.

thank you for chiming in on this. but:

what exactly does this mean? you indicate that you are fine with
abstracting the schema ( up to the point it runs on pgsql as well ? )

is this correct?

> We have some tickets in trac about eliminating enums,
> sanitizing ints, and such.  Patches welcome.  Tested patches that
> upgrade cleanly from previous releases are even more welcome. :-)

i am willing and able to reform the schema up to the point that it
still runs on mysql ( without performance degration at all ) and works
for postgresql as well.

but, for me this will only have value if other patches are welcome too:
  fix some queries which use "`" character
  remove "IGNORE" keyword from certain INSERT-stmts
  fix some GROUP BY-stmts
  fix limit stmts from LIMIT x,y to LIMIT y OFFSET x
  fix use of C-style operator "!=" to "<>"
  fix writing '' to fields which you want to be filled with the
default-value from the schema ( writing posts and pages )
  abstract FOUND_ROWS

mysql specific functions do not need to be touched at all: these can
be defined in pgsql and there is a mysql-function-library for pgsql
available.

i appreciate your response.

regards,

usleep