[wp-hackers] Plugin Challenge: Post from an iPhone - Challenge submission

Jared Bangs jared at pacific22.com
Thu Sep 27 06:31:38 GMT 2007

On 9/26/07, Daniel Cameron <dan at scatter3d.com> wrote:
> There are definitely trade offs for throwing everything into the trunk, one
> major problem is Viper's first comment which is clutter, I'd imagine the
> majority of people would just throw the entire directory in their
> wp-content/plugin folder without taking out the unnecessary files, i.e.
> screenshots and readme.txt.

I think having everything in the trunk is the best way to go. When
they get the generated download file it will be packaged into a
directory that we can instruct them to just move into their plugins
directory - easiest possible route and it would work fine with the
least amount of explanation or hand holding.

If we're worrying that they'll copy out of that directory and directly
into the plugins dir, (1) it would still work fine and (2) we'd have
that concern no matter how deep the folder structure might be.

If they really need to save a few KB they can delete the screenshot
images, etc. but leaving them in won't hurt anything and they also
won't get in the way if they are neatly packaged under a subdirectory.

My vote is that we do as described above. Hopefully you'll vote for it
too, because since we're a two person team we'll have a deadlock if
you don't. :)

PS - Matt, just think, only two iPhones instead of three... :)

- Jared