[wp-hackers] Future of wp-hackers

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Wed Sep 26 15:54:30 GMT 2007

As one of the idiots who continued the Google thread yesterday, I completely
agree.  I was wrong to contribute to that thread, I admit.  But there's a
larger point.

Others have mentioned it in a variety of ways, and it's crucial distinction.
The moment that the direction of Wordpress is decided in an invitation-only
forum, is the moment it stops being what makes it great: an open, community
focused work of software art.

This forum could simply benefit from the kind of love the software itself
gets.  When the core code moves toward bloat or off the target Matt or
someone steps in and says "nope, take that to a plug-in".

Same goes here.  Just stop noise early.  And it's the community's
responsibility.  When a thread goes off-target, when the horse has been
beaten to death, anyone should feel free to guide it elsewhere.

And the core devs who feel the pain that Matt expresses, could ease their
pain by driving important topics to here, increasing the signal to noise
ratio.

Up the signal, drive down the noise, and the music starts sounding pretty
good.