[wp-hackers] Feed stats in WordPress or a plugin [off-topic]

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Tue Sep 25 21:44:06 GMT 2007

I agree, the replies are getting way off topic. This will be my last
post on the subject.

I don't think Google _is_ doing anything dangerous with the data right
now. They're open about wanting to map users behaviours more and more
accurately to deliver "targetted" services like advertising, products,
entertainment, etc. That's not evil per se, however, the lack of ability
to opt-out is critical.

The average user doesn't read Google's privacy policy. You don't need to
agree to Ts&Cs before you use their service. So if you use their site
for 6 months, then decide you're not happy with the way they collect
data on you, I believe you should have the right to have that data deleted.

Anyway, to avoid a flamewar, I realise that it's a little tin-foil-hat
behaviour, but hey, that's the beauty of freedom right, we can each
choose our own path! :)

Here's to buying shares in tin mines! - Callum.