[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Moritz 'morty' Struebe morty at gmx.net
Tue Sep 25 17:37:12 GMT 2007

Mark Shields wrote:
> This e-mail thread found it's way onto slashdot, by the way.  As usual,
> there's a lot of spin.
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/25/1632246

Yea, and unfortunately it seems that I failed say what I wanted to.
Everyone is talking about this being part of the update information
system, which it isn't. It only for statistics. And nobody seems to get
the difference between transmitting URL and plugin data separately to
transmitting them together.
Seems like having a gray position isn't very popular. Or maybe it's just
too complicated that to things are not that dangerous by them selves as
they are linked to each other. :-/

Cheers Morty