[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Kimmo Suominen kimmo at global-wire.fi
Tue Sep 25 11:25:26 GMT 2007

Thank you for including this info in the WP 2.3 announcement:

    Our new update notification lets you know when there is a new
    release of WordPress or when any of the plugins you use has an
    update available. It works by sending your blog URL, plugins, and
    version information to our new api.wordpress.org service which then
    compares it to the plugin database and tells you what the latest and
    greatest is you can use.

Now I feel I can simply translate that without worries about disclosure
on that front.

Best regards,
+ Kimmo
--